If you have thought about working in a tournament as an official but don't know where to start? Are you afraid you don't have all the latest hardware to do the job
1. Do I get one of those nice blue shirts?
a. Actually we have changed over to dark blue polos. New shirts are coming next year.
2. Wait a minute, I don't have a stopwatch, radio, clipboard or fancy stalking glasses will I have to supply them?
a. We will supply what you need to do the job you are assigned to . Most of the time as a newbie you will be watching over areas of trouble. If the player has a question you can call it in for an answer.
3. If I don't now the rules what can I do?
a. Most of us that started here didn't know the rules but we learned them over time. If you are interested in Rules of Golf, we have been know to help with the cost of the Rules of Golf seminar. Other wise without rules knowlage we will get you out there helping players. see above.
4. I can only work 3 or 4 events?
a. You can come out and work an event for one or two days and if you don't like it, you are under no obligation to stay. If you can only find time to do 3 or 4, that's cool.
5. How long each day do I have to work, and what if I can't work both days?
a. We work with you and your schedule.
6. Can I work for NNGA if I am a women?
a. We encourage women to come out and help us. You can learn an awfull lot about the game watching others play. This kind of work even helps you in your own game. All we ask is that men or women be polite and helpful.